1. Fastcomet Hosting
2. A2 Hosting
3. SiteGround Hosting
Linux is an operating system that can be found in smartphones, cars, home appliances and it has been around all the way since the mid ‘90s. It is one of most commonly used operating systems out there. Even when not looking at all the devices Linux runs, it is one of the most reliable operating systems you can find.
What is Linux hosting?
Linux, as an open-source operating system, can offer the best stability and high levels of security to its users and their websites. Linux hosting is, as the name says, web hosting service that uses Linux as its operating system. For this, and many other reasons, it is the most popular among web hosting providers. It comes with features that website owners need for their websites. If you are not using Windows-specific applications and scripts, then the Linux is preferred choice.
Linux is mostly described as a reliable, fast and secure. It provides key features such as free website builder, 1-click WordPress Install, 24/7 support that just keeps improving, unlimited MySQL databases. Linux hosting uses cPanel, everyone’s favorite, as a control panel from where you can manage your website. Additional features that Linux servers offer are, above mentioned cPanel, and MySQL, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, FFMpeg, Litespeed, Apache Web Server. Since Linux has been around for a while now, any bugs that you may experience have been worked out already which adds to its reliability. Linux is also very flexible, you can create a blog, website, forum or any other type of online entities.
For whom is Linux hosting most suitable for?
If your needs are WordPress, PHP or MySQL, Linux is the best option. They can also run on Windows servers, but the picture will be totally different and it will not run as smooth as on Linux. Generally, Linux is recommended for those just starting out their website since it is free, easy to use, and has more features for web designers. Since it is an open source platform, it gives beginner developers access to plenty of applications, scripts, etc. Using PHP, Python and Pearl, all very popular choices for computer languages, Linux is a great choice for a web hosting provider.
Advantageous Of Linux hosting Over Windows:
- First advantageous of Linux over Windows hosting is the cost. There is no charge when using Linux for your hosting. It is said that Linux can come up to 30% more affordable than Windows.
- Linux hosting also comes with many free scripts such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and many others.
- Another huge advantage is the reliability that Linux offers; it almost never crashes and reboots are rare. The simplicity of Linux is in its use of PHP, Perl, and MySQL.
- Linux, since it is so widely used OS, has many tutorials online to make it even more user-friendly. Still, when looking at performance, security, and user-friendliness, there is not that much difference between Linux and Windows.
- The main difference is in the cost and in the type of file and script you use.
Disadvantageous Of Linux Hosting Over Windows
- It is not possible to run windows scripts and applications in Linux.
For beginners and ones that do not have Windows-specific applications, Linux is the better choice just for the sheer amount of information on the internet about it, and for it being so affordable.