1. Hostgator Hosting
2. A2 Hosting
Windows is a collection of Microsoft’s operating systems and it has been introduced in 1985. Since then, it has dominated the world and controlled PCs across the world.
What is Windows Hosting?
Windows hosting is a type of hosting where they use Windows as the operating system. Since it can read most of the computer languages it is easy to see why Windows hosting would be a good choice. They offer ASP.NET, MSSQL and Microsoft Access and other similar Windows technologies. Windows runs on the propitiatory source code. Developers can have access to Microsoft programming tools such as ASP, MS Index Server, and Visual Basic Scripts. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SharePoint and some other Windows specific applications are available; you will just need to install the software on your server and purchase a license. It also has an interface that most users are already familiar with so it attracts many people to turn to Windows hosting.
For whom is Windows hosting most suitable for?
If you are going to use Microsoft software such as SharePoint and Microsoft Exchange, then you should keep an eye on Windows servers, since they are the only ones that support it. Large corporations often go to Microsoft for service. All websites that have been developed MSSSQL and ASP.NET can only use Windows servers, so this should be something to keep in mind when choosing a host for your website.
For developers, if you are planning to develop Windows-based applications, then Windows hosting is the right way to go. Also, there is a high possibility that you are a Microsoft user, so hardware devices are widely supported. Most of the websites run on Linux, but there are many applications and codes that just can’t run on Linux, and in that case, opting for Windows hosting is the only way. Another benefit that Microsoft hosting has is that it is very easy to configure for beginners.
If you are someone that has a high concern for the security of your data, Windows is an option for you since it is backed up by one of leading US corporations.
Advantageous of Windows hosting over Linux
- As we mentioned, there are some applications and scripts that can only be used in Windows and for that reason, Windows has an advantage over Linux.
- Applications and scripts that are supported by Linux, are also supported by Windows, but the ones that are specific to Windows, Linux can’t support.
- Windows is also easier to set up since most users are more familiar with its interface. Developing applications using .NET framework is also much easier to do with Windows. Even if Linux is the more popular option, Windows has positives that will make you think first before choosing hosting providers.
- Linux is an open source and the system itself free, but, if you need high reliability, you will need to purchase a support package. In terms of support, Windows has a better organization of it.
Disadvantageous Of windows Hosting
- Some disadvantageous of Windows hosting are, first, the cost, since you need to buy the operating system and then get a license for each user. Also, there is a limit on free applications that can run on a Windows server.
- Windows also has some stability issues since there is no guaranteed stability on a Windows platform that it uses. Taking all this in mind, there are instances in which Windows hosting can be the right choice, like when using niche scripts and Windows technologies.
If you are someone that is just starting out and not sure what to choose, Linux may be right for you, since beginners’ websites and blogs, such as WordPress, normally run on Linux.